Search This Blog

Tribute to Maurice Sendak

Sheila Newbery, I/Eye: On Photography, introduced me to Maurice Sendak's book Higglety Pigglety Pop! or There Must be More to Life early this week. Like everyone else, I knew him for Where the Wild Things Are. Very strangely, Maurice passed away just a few hours after Sheila told me about this particular book. Higglety Pigglety Pop! or There Must be More to Life is about a discontented little dog named Jennie who believes that there is more to life than what she already has. She eats everything in her path, and she wants to be the leading lady in a play. However, she must gain experience before she can become the leading lady. After all, there must be more to life than having everything.




Jennie stuffing a baby in a bag. You have to read the book yourself to know why.

 
It's all true, folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me a story.